Old City Area
Welcome America July 4th Independence Day Parade
July 4th, 2013
Start Time: 11:00AM (5th & Chestnut Streets) End Time: 1:30PM (Front & Chestnut Streets)
Route: WB on Chestnut Street to 9th Street; NB on 9th Street to Market
Street; EB on Market Street to Front Street; SB on Front Street to
Chestnut Street; End & Disperse
“No Parking” Areas
Parking will not be permitted on July 4th from 6AM to 2:30PM on the following streets:
– Chestnut Street from 5th Street to Front Street (Both Sides)
– 5th Street from Market Street to Walnut Street (Both Sides)
– 4th Street from Market Street to Chestnut Street (West Side Only)
– Front Street from Market Street to Dock Street (Both Sides)
– Chestnut Street Viaduct
Parking will not be permitted on July 4th from 9AM to 2PM on the following streets:
– Chestnut Street from 6th Street to 9th Street (Both Sides)
– 9th Street from Market Street to Chestnut Street (Both Sides)
– Market Street from 9th Street to Front Street (Both Sides)
Beginning @ 6AM
– 5th Street from Walnut Street to Market Street
– Ranstead Street from 4th Street to 5th Street
– Ludlow Street from 4th Street to 5th Street
Beginning @ 7AM
– Chestnut Street from Front Street to 2nd Street
– Chestnut Street from 2nd Street to 3rd Street
– Chestnut Street from 3rd Street to 4th Street
– Chestnut Street from 4th Street to 5th Street
– Chestnut Street from 5th Street to 6th Street
*CROSS TRAFFIC ON FRONT, 2nd, 3rd & 4th CAN CONTINUE AT THIS POINT*
Beginning @ 10:45AM
– Chestnut Street from 9th Street to 6th Street
– Ranstead Street from 9th Street to 6th Street
– 9th Street from Chestnut to Market Street
– Market Street from 9th Street to Front Street
– 8th Street from Arch Street to Walnut Street
– 7th Street from Arch Street to Walnut Street
– 6th Street from Arch Street to Chestnut Street
– 5th Street from Arch Street to Market Street
– Front Street from Arch Street to Dock Street
– 4th Street from Arch Street to Walnut Street
– 3rd Street from Arch Street to Walnut Street
– 2nd Street from Arch Street to Walnut Street
– Strawberry Street from Market Street to Chestnut Street
– Bank Street from Market Street to Chestnut Street
**STREETS WILL BE OPENED TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC AS LAST PARADE ELEMENTS CLEAR THE AREA**
Please note that, in addition to the closures listed, Chestnut Street
will be closed between 5th Street & 6th Street at times on July 2nd
and July 3rd for the Pops on Independence Concert. See times below:
07/02: – 9:30am-3pm and – 7pm-11:59pm
07/03: – 9:30am-11:59pm
07/04 – 12am-5pm
The Art Museum Area
There will be no parking enforced from 7:00 PM July 3, 2012, to 7:00 AM on July 5, 2012 at the following locations:
2200-2900 Blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue-South Side Only
2300-2400 Blocks of Fairmount Avenue
20th Street from Callowhill South to Spring Garden
21st Street from Pennsylvania North to Spring Garden
2100-1900 Block of Hamilton Street
23rd Spring Garden to Broad Streets
1600-2000 Block of Arch Street
1500-1700 Block of J.F.K.
Pennsylvania Avenue south side must remain clear to prevent potential gridlock during the concert and fireworks.
The following street closures will be in effect at 4:00 PM on July 4, 2012:
Fairmount closes to westbound traffic at Corinthian, and will be diverted Northbound onto Corinthian.
15th, 17th, 19th, and 21st Streets will be closed to Southbound
traffic at Spring Garden and diverted Eastbound onto Spring Garden
toward Broad Street. (If you live in this area, you have to produce ID to prove it. If you’re going to a party, I believe they make you park outside the zone.)
Spring Garden Street will be closed to Westbound traffic at Broad
Street. Callowhill Street will be closed to Westbound traffic at Broad
Hamilton Street will be closed to westbound traffic at 17th Street.
29th Southbound will be shut down at Poplar Street and will be diverted onto Poplar Street, East Bound or Westbound.
SEPTA Public Transportation Information
subway will run until 12:30 A.M. on July 5.
will run on its usual schedule of 24 hours/day at 15 minute intervals.
Regional Rain will run to all 12 destinations.
will depart from Suburban Station between 11:30 A.M. and midnight.
departing times will be advertised in Suburban Station.
buses will be staged on 20th and 21st streets.
Federal Donuts storefronts focus on take-out business. They serve
seven days a week from 7 a.m. until they run out of food, usually in the
early afternoon. Chicken is available beginning at 11 a.m. daily. For
more information, follow them on Twitter and Instagram @federaldonuts, on Facebook or visit www.federaldonuts.com.