The party was held at one of the newer Le Meridien's right here in Philly at 1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102 (215) 422-8200
Renowned photographer Ralph Gibson took the fabulous picture that greeted people as they entered the ballroom
Entertaining the crowd was Hisham Akira Bharoocha, was born in Nidata, Japan and is an ex-member of the Providence, Rhode Island bands Lightning Bolt and Black Dice. Currently, Bharoocha is involved in his solo band Soft Circle, and as an artist in New York City.
Their was a communal table in the middle of the room. It was stocked with colored pens, markers and chalk to inspire the guests artistic flair to shine through as they were encouraged to express themselves on "the table cloth."
Susan Fortin & Annie Heckenberger, Red Tettemer & Partners
hmm hmm good
Steve Loving, Justin Weeks, Lynn Garner, Evan Evans, Le Meridien Philadelphia General Manager
Estella Paza, Kerry Hsu, Anna Lloyd, Caroline Rippetbau, Sourcing Coordinator at Starwood Hotels , Audra DiSimone, Director of Design at Starwood Hotels & Resorts | LEED AP , Aliya Khan
Vivi He, International DJ Nigel Richards, Beke Rendell, Nicole Cashman, Cashman & Associates
Trey Sarten, Global PR, W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien and Lyman Carter, Partner at Radar Entertainment. (If Lyman looks familar it's because his brother is Dawson Creek's actor Joshua Jackson)
Now represented by 105 properties in 50 countries spanning five continents, Le Méridien has undergone a dramatic re-launch to become a sought-after, contemporary, design-led lifestyle brand. With 85% of its properties located in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts provides an international complement to Starwood’s strong North American portfolio and has accelerated Starwood’s leadership as the most global hospitality company.
Nick Schroeder, Lauren Goshman
Tiffany Taverz and Karna Kacala, Arts and eats in the City of Brotherly Love. Marketing Coordinator for First Person Arts.
Artist Yan Lei traveled to Philadelphia to participate in the celebration. He stands in front of one of his art works.
Stephanie Brandow and Andrea Lawrence
The Le Meridien Team including Eva Ziegler, SVP at Starwood Hotels & Resorts,
Nicole Bowden, Judy Chu, Olivia Ward. Olivia would go on to win a 3 nights stay at a Le Meridien in Taipei
Fabrice Penot is half of the driving force behind cult perfume house Le Labo.
Then there was the raffle drawing and guests had a chance to win trips to various Le Meridien around the world, as well as various products like a coffee machine
Today, there are currently 105 Le Méridien hotels globally.
- Since the Starwood acquisition in 2005, the company has exited 45 Le Méridien hotels that did not meet standards under Starwood.
- 50% of Le Méridien hotels have been renovated or will be renovated by end 2012.
- Starwood has opened 20 new Le Meridien hotels in the past five years, including San Francisco (USA), Minnesota
- There's a great article at Luxist.com on the new direction of the Le Meridien:
- The landmark Philadelphia hotel marks just the beginning for where Ziegler and her team are taking the Le Meridien brand in the future. 2011 marks the triumph of a very successful social experiment in building a travel hub for the creative class. With Paris as her guide, Ziegler is continuing to focus Le Meridien properties everywhere on targeting creative minds and their cohorts and opening them up to a new experience through the lens of arts and cuisine.